Thursday 9 May 2013

Poorly sick, Cakes and Knitting



I’m still poorly sick. It just won’t seem to go away, it’s like an uncontrollable cough which makes me dizzy and gives me pain over the top of my head. I went into college on Tuesday, but I’ve had the 2 days since off ill. It’s getting really frustrating, because I hate lying around doing nothing, but every time I try to do anything it just makes me more ill again.

On the plus side, when I was in college on Tuesday I had a lot of fun. I had cooking, and we were baking and decorating cakes as part of a module on planning children’s parties. My party theme is Thumbelina, so that’s the type of cake I did – look:




Even the cake inside was dyed blue! I don’t normally dye cakes, because I like my cakes to look their natural colour. But I think it worked with this cake! My teacher seemed impressed with it. I really enjoyed doing it, too. I think it helped that I planned what I was going to do before I did it – some others hadn’t, and things didn’t quite work out for them.


I’m getting along well with my knitting, too – it’s almost finished! I just have to knit the button bands and join the sleeves into it.

Hopefully I’ll be better soon, and I’ll have more interesting news to report!

Love love xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...